Project Leader - Finances Expert with Audit background
(based in Basel - Switzerland)
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is a public institution with the mandate to contribute to the improvement of the health of populations internationally and nationally through excellence in research, services, and teaching and training. The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss TPH conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research work in international and global health. The department is seeking applications for a Project Leader - Finances Expert with Audit Background.
- Technical: conduct activities related to the appraisal and performance monitoring of health sector development projects; assist in the design, management and evaluation of programs
- Managerial : ensure leadership with oversight of a team and finance expertise to activities within Local Fund Agent (LFA) services under Global Fund mandate if needed; assist in the identification, acquisition and implementation of other projects with different donors
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for candidates with:
- Training and formal qualification (at least Master degree level) in financial accounting and/or financial administration and management required
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in the field of finances, controlling and/or auditing of health sector development projects required
- A qualification in financial auditing and/or strong experience in auditing are an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience required, preferably in the health sector with:
(i) strong project management and team management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in complex environment; an in-depth knowledge of issues relating to project management in developing countries;
(ii) strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents; strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials; experience in proposal writing is an asset
- Previous Local Fund Agent (LFA) experience or experience with the Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is an asset
- Excellent command of English AND French (speaking & writing) required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is an asset
Expected start of services: from September 2017
Deadline for applicaton: 9 August 2017
An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal based on performance. The countries or mandates covered will depend on needs, and experience of the selected candidate.
For further information please consult our new website:
or Iris Haueter (Head of HR), +41 61 284 8246
If you are interested, please submit your application online via the link provided below, in English with CV, and the names of 3 references (please use our standard CV whenever possible).
Kindly note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool. Applications via email will not be answered. Thank you for your understanding.
Did we catch your interest?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your complete Online application at