The University of Basel has an international reputation of outstanding achievements in research and teaching. Founded in 1460, it is the oldest university in Switzerland and has a history of success going back more than 550 years.
The University's Department of Communications and Marketing is currently seeking to appoint an initiative, versatile and curious Communications Officer. The primary function of this bilingual position is to manage and develop the University's internal and external communications in English and to support the communication in German. The appointment will initially be for a three year period.
- Write and distribute news releases, articles and statements for different media, in both English and German
- Produce, source and manage content for websites and online media
- Initiate and maintain contacts with international media representatives
- Act as a resource person for faculty and administration, providing advice on communication issues
- Prepare and supervise the production of print and online media
- Develop communication strategies and participate in the implementation of communication plans
- University degree or equivalent education and experience
- Several years of work experience in corporate communications, journalism or a related area
- Exceptional written and spoken English and German
- Ability to translate research findings quickly into plain language for a variety of audiences
- Expertise in digital communications and social media
- Experience in media relations and international media relations principles and practices
- Ability to organize and execute several projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks within firm deadlines
We offer you
- An exciting work opportunity in a small, friendly and hands-on team
- The opportunity to work with varied and interesting content from different science fields every day
- Openness to new approaches and ideas
Application / Contact
For further information, please contact Reto Caluori, Head of Communications, +41 61 207 24 95.
We look forward to receipt of your complete online application.