Full Professor Philosophy of Natural Sciences
Your primary task will be to conduct excellent, promising philosophical research, addressing topics that are relevant to the Faculty of Science, both in your own field and in an interdisciplinary context. You will work at the intersection of science, social science and the humanities, and you should be able to contribute to the further development of our approach, bringing focus on basic philosophical issues (from a continental perspective), with an interest in applied, empirical and interactive research. You should also be able to obtain substantial external funding for relevant research projects, both nationally and internationally.
You will be expected to initiate collaborations with other institutes of the Faculty of Science and other Faculties at Radboud University in teaching and research; contribute to teaching (reflection courses and Master’s thesis supervision); supervise PhD research projects; publish research results in relevant and prominent peer-reviewed journals; and engage in societal debates and policy concerning responsible science.
You will represent Radboud University and ISiS in relevant academic, policy and civil society networks and use such networks for the benefit of research, education and the university at large.
- a solid background in philosophy and ideally also in a scientific field;
- the ability to combine theoretical expertise with applied and interactive research, and to address current topics in science and society;
- an excellent track record in terms of authorship, academic networks and acquisition, reflecting academic prominence;
- experience and affinity with interdisciplinary research and teaching, and an interest in bridging the science - social science - humanities gap;
- a convincing strategy for developing promising new initiatives for research and acquisition;
- excellent teaching skills and experience, as evidenced by positive evaluations of courses and a track record for supervising Master’s theses;
- an extensive network in research and policy arenas, nationally and internationally;
- excellent personal coaching and people-oriented management skills;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English. For candidates from abroad: a willingness to learn Dutch within two years;
- the mentality of a team player who focuses on building bridges and on encouraging, supporting and inspiring others, both within ISiS and the broader academic and social environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 7,921 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale H2)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: indefinite period
- Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Full Professor, Level 2 (Hoogleraar 2)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Strategically located in Europe, Radboud University is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. A place with a personal touch, where top-flight education and research take place on a beautiful green campus in modern buildings with state-of-art facilities.
Faculty of Science
ISiS provides an open academic culture of collaboration and mutual learning in which staff members are offered opportunities to learn and develop themselves. We strive for an atmosphere which is collaborative and inspiring rather than hierarchical, and consider research and teaching as teamwork and as a matter of shared responsibility. We aim for gender equality on all levels. Radboud University provides high-quality childcare facilities and working schedules are flexible.
Further information on ISIS
Prof.dr. Christoph Lüthy (chair)
Telefoon: +31 24 3616218
Prof.dr. Noelle Aarts
Telefoon: +31 24 3652731
No commercial propositions please.