Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 2, UCD School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 011233
Applications are invited for postdoctoral researchers with experience of IOTA in the domain of Electromobility. Desired qualifications include experience of control engineering; energy systems; and general electrical engineering; as well as DLT related technologies.
This is an advanced research focused role, building on your prior experience as a post-doctoral fellow, where you will conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop new or advanced research skills and competences, on the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications and scholarly dissemination, the development of funding proposals, and the supervision and mentorship of graduate students along with the opportunity to develop your skills in research led teaching.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a specified programme of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of your Principal Investigator;
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by your Principal Investigator, your School or Institute, or the University;
- Support your Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research programme;
- Support if required, the development of proposals for research funding;
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of your Principal Investigator;
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of your research group, School and Institute;
- Take responsibility as requested for day-to-day advice and support of graduate research students associated with your research group;
- Mentor and assist, as appropriate and as directed, the research graduate students in your group, School and Institute;
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with your programme of research.
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- PhD in general Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 2/3 years postdoctoral research experience in the area of Directed Acyclic Graphs;
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources;
- Knowledge and application of the principles underpinning successful grant application;
- Ability to identify and fulfil the academic writing requirements for target publications;
- Proven record of working with team members and PhD students to help build their research skill and knowledge and to support and guide their professional development;
- Generates new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions;
- Candidates must demonstrate an awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion agenda.
The PD2 post is intended for researchers that have completed PD1. As with the PD1, if you have already completed your PD2 stage in UCD or will soon complete a PD2, or your total Postdoctoral experience, inclusive of the duration of the advertised post, would exceed 6 years, you should not apply and should refer to Research Fellow posts instead.
- IOTA DAGs; Control theory; Sharing Economy;
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of academic and commercial information e.g. Nondisclosure agreements;
- Knowledge of IP processes and knows how to protect findings.