Research Engineer in Machine Learning and Neuroscience
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The Division of Robotics, Perception, and Learning (RPL) at KTH ( https://www.kth.se/rpl ) is looking for students interested in getting hands-on research experience in the area of Machine Learning and Neuroscience.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international, and dynamic working environment.
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature.
- In addition to a faculty advisor, each chosen candidate will be matched with a technically relevant researcher (e.g. Ph.D. student or postdoc) who will serve as the candidate s research collaborator and mentor.
- The possibility to interact with a diverse team of researchers with high ambitions in an open, curious, and dynamic environment.
- Participation in the group activities of the division.
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
The candidate should be enrolled in a master s degree in computer science, neuroscience, machine learning, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, robotics, computer vision, or similar.
- Excellent software development and integration skills, preferably in Python and C++/C#.
- Solid mathematical background.
- Familiarity with deep learning algorithms and tools, as well as techniques in neuroscience to clean EEG signals and remove artifacts.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with projects (e.g. at course level) related to Machine Learning and Neuroscience is of preference.
Candidates applying for this position are comfortable working in groups as well as independently, and you have a good sense of structure in your daily work tasks.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
The application must include:
- CV including relevant project experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account (maximum one page) of how this position is relevant for you and can contribute to your future academic career.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
Temporary employment for up to 6 months, or by agreement.
The employment is valid indefinitely or is limited by agreement.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here .
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position 3-6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary
Reference number: J-2020-2416
Last application date: 2020-12-15
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Universitetslektor i specialpedagogik
Stockholms universitet Stockholm
Universitetslektor i Artificiell intelligens
Umeå Universitet Umeå
Overingeniør innen miljøforskning og overvåkning
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet (NMBU)
Internship i smådyrkirurgi
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet (NMBU) Oslo